Sunday, 6 April 2014

I have not slept for almost four days and I think I might die.

My uncle Jacob has come to stay with us for a weekend. Godknows why, since him and Mum barely get along and haven't for as long as I remember. He's some kind of hippy-dippy alternative medicines inventor or something and he always smells like plants, and he's into a bunch of meditation and yoga and every other stupid stereotype out there. Mum's a lab technician, so no wonder she keeps her distance. They've already had one extremely heated debate over the validity of homoeopathy or something and it was nothing short of unnecessarily disruptive. If he's supposed to be here to calm me with his magic plants or something it isn't working. Unless he's brought a ton of pot with him, then it might.
I've calmed down a lot since Tuesday. It's probably just the haze of sleep deprivation, but I've done A-levels. I can handle this stuff. Coffee with crushed up caffeine tablets dissolved in it still tastes like crap, though. If it weren't for the medication, I'd be jumping out of my skin with paranoia, but it's keeping me strangely Zen.

I keep hearing kids. It's weird. There are no kids in this house and both my neighbours are pensioners so there is literally no reason for me to be hearing kids laughing and talking. Occasionally one calls my name. Sleep deprivation is weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment